Data Transport Service provides a carrier grade, point-to-point solution for connecting customer sites at specified speeds and performance standards.
The connection runs directly over Spark’s high-capacity Optical Transport Network (OTN) and will support even the most demanding data transfer and application needs.
It is available throughout New Zealand via Spark data centres and exchanges as a managed or unmanaged service, and offers a range of service protection options to suit differing businesses requirements.
Why Spark Data Transport Service?
Our Data Transport Service supports businesses that require large amounts of data to be transferred between data centres, cloud services or data warehousing - where very high bandwidth and real-time performance is a must.
Your customers will benefit from having their own, exclusive point-to-point access that runs over Spark’s nationwide, high-capacity Optical Transport Network (OTN) – and is managed 24/7 by our technical experts.
With three service protection options, multiple interface capability and metro or national connections, businesses can seamlessly connect to data centres, cloud services or complement existing networks in a way that suits their unique requirements.
- High speed data transfer up to 100Gbps
- Layer 1 data service running over Spark’s nationwide OTN
- Metro and national coverage
- Dedicated point-to-point optical path/channel
- Service reporting managed by technical experts
- True end-to-end guaranteed bit rate Transport Service with fixed latency and jitter criteria
- Transparent end-to-end connectivity
- Carrier-grade communication characteristics
- A variety of customer interfaces which include:
- Ethernet client interfaces of 1GbE, 10GbE (LAN & WAN PHY), 100GbE
- SDH client interfaces of STM-1, STM-4, STM-16, STM-64
- Fibre Channel client interfaces of 1GFC, 2GFC, 4GFC, 8GFC
- Standard Definition and High definition video client interfaces
- Selectable levels of protection and resiliency
- Managed and unmanaged options
Data Transport Services are available throughout New Zealand.
Enjoy a high performing service thanks to a resilient and dedicated point-to-point fibre connection.
Opt for us to manage the service and pick your required service protection level.
Quality of service
Choose from a range of Service Level Agreements thanks to a carrier-grade service that integrates with Spark’s cloud and data centre services
Get flexible bandwidth offering speeds from 1Gbps, 10Gbps or 100Gbps.